Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 2012 Beauty Boxes - MyGlam & Beauty Army

MyGlam

 
Beauty Army
I wasn't really feeling these boxes this month. I don't think I will continue with the subscriptions because I was severely underwhelmed by both boxes. If I were to choose one that I would more likely stay with I think it would have to be Beauty Army. I don't really like the unnecessary makeup bags that come with MyGlam but I liked the idea of collecting makeup tools to work towards a complete set as a way to keep subscribers. The lipstick is okay, I wore it over the weekend and it was a nice shade (I should have taken a picture of it). I'm not too sure about the nail bling, it may be a little too blingy for my taste.

Beauty Army's choices each month are very limited to mostly skin care products. I don't mind skin care products but I have a whole array of moisturizer samples from the spectrum BUT the sizes of the Beauty Army samples aren't half bad. I just wish there were more cosmetics to choose from. Some people have expressed, as did I, that the products that I didn't choose the previous month would show up the next month. If I didn't choose it before, why would I choose it this time?

What I do like about Beauty Army is the freedom to choose your samples and the sizes of the some of the samples. Last month I picked out BeFine nightly cream and it lasted me the whole month, which had a great affect on my skin, to say the least. Plus, there are men's samples that you can choose from.

It doesn't smell like the way they described it in the movie. It's pretty subtle.

I haven't tried any of the products shown and I gave the DUDE wash and sex panther cologne to my other half (I can't wait for Anchorman 2!!!). I will be canceling MyGlam and I will stay with Beauty Army for just a little longer.

I have this theory. When I first tried to join in on the beauty box bandwagon, I found that Beauty Army, Birchbox, and MyGlam would say they are at capacity and I was placed on a waiting list. I wasn't on that list very long but when I was finally subscribed, it would be during the time I would pick my products or right before they ship. I think they tell you that you are on a wait list to make it seem exclusive, which makes you want to receive these beauty boxes more. If this is true then that is pretty good marketing. I don't believe they need the wait lists. Some of these products you can get for free at department or beauty stores where their sample supplies are NOT limited. Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment